Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Soft Pretzels


 Hi guys! I thought I'd show you all what I made today! I made some soft pretzels, and they were SO GOOD!!! We've made them a lot, the last time I made them was when Felicity and Josiah were still here and me and Josiah made them, it was so much fun to make them with him. So today while I was making them I thought about Felicity and Josiah, and missed them.... BUT enough of that! Time for some pictures!
(I did no editing on them, except the very top one of course)










Yummmmmm! They were SOOOOOOOO goooooood! 



RECIPE: 

1 1/2 cups. warm water

1 Tbsp. sugar

5 tsp. yeast

4 cups. flour

1/4 cup. melted butter

1 tsp. coarse salt

Mix water and and sugar together in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved; add yeast. Let mixture stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, (about five minuets) 
Whisk flour, butter, and salt together in a larger bowl until well mixed; add yeast mixture and stir with a fork until dough starts to cling. Turn dough onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth. 

Put a big pot of water on the burner with a 1/2 cup of baking soda and let boil; after your pretzels are made dip them into the baking soda water, then sit on pan and put egg and salt on them and bake.  

Makes about 15  

BAKE: 8-12 minutes at 425*F 

Enjoy! 

11 comments:

  1. I have got to make these soon! They look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a question because I am actually trying to make these right now! Why does it say "egg and salt on them and bake" at the end if egg is not in the part with all the engredeince???

      Delete
    2. So sorry I didn't see this until now! The egg is for brushing on and then you sprinkle salt over them.

      Delete
    3. Okay yeah! I was just wondering why the egg wasn't in the part with the engredeince! :)

      Delete
  2. Awe <3 I miss you too girlie! So does Josiah. We'll come back and he'll back them with you again, don't worry!
    Looks very yummy!

    Mary made these the other night with the big boys and Josiah helped show them how to twist them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^__^ Yay! He finally figured out how to twist them! ;P

      Delete
  3. you make these even better than me ;P

    ReplyDelete