Friday, January 17, 2020

Angel Food Cake || Recipe


Hello my lovelies! 

I thought that you might enjoy a recipe. I know I haven't done one in a long time so it's about time to give you another one. *winks* So, I thought to myself, why not share my favorite cake to make with my lovely followers? So here I am! *laughs*

Now. I haven't made an angel food cake in long time so I don't have any pictures. This is the only one I could find, so I guess that's all you get. *laughs* Just take my word for it, it's a delicious cake that's really fluffy. *grins*
I found this recipe in one of Fran Gillete's cookbooks. I love her cookbooks and this recipe is totally a win for me! *winks*


R E C I P E :

1 C. flour
3\4 C. plus 2 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
12 egg whites (1 1\2 C.)
1 1\2 tsp. cream of tarter
1\4 tsp. salt
1 C. granulated sugar
1 1\2 tsp. vanilla
1\2 tsp. almond extract

Heat oven to 375*. Stir together flour and confectioners' sugar; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat egg white, cream of tarter and salt until foamy. Add granulated sugar, 2 Tbsp. at a time, beating on high speed until meringue holds stiff peaks. Gently fold in vanilla and almond flavorings. Sprinkle flour-sugar mixture 1\4 cup at a time over meringue, folding in gently just until flour-sugar mixture disappears. Place batter carefully into an ungreased tube pan (or a bunt pan, like I use) Bake 30-25 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Invert pan on funnel or pop bottle until cake is completely cooled. (I use a glass coke bottle and it works really well) Cake can be frosted. (I never do and it's just as good. but we don't like frosting xP )



Well? Sound good? Did I make you want to whip up an angel food cake? *winks* I hope you enjoyed this recipe! 

6 comments:

  1. I loovvve angel food cake! Especially with lots of whipped cream and strawberries😋 My birthdays coming up and I thought about making an angel food cake, but the only thing about it that I don’t like is how it’s so light that it’s not filling at all so I just like wanna keep eating it forever😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me toooooooo! Oh yes! Except raspberries for me! *winks* Yeah, I know what you mean. I could eat this cake for ever and never stop. *laughs* But it's just SO good! *laughs*

      Delete
  2. Haha yesssss now I want some 😂 Imma try and make some soon, I haven’t had angel cake in FOREVER. My grandma used to make up fruit parfaits with it and it was sooooo good
    Enjoyed this post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* Me too! But we don't have enough eggs sadly so I'll have to wait. xP
      I'm glad you enjoyed this! <3

      Delete
  3. Yum! I LOVE angel food cake!!!! Now I need to make one! Hmmm... what do we have planned for this afternoon... ;)

    Fun post!

    ~Brooklyn | fiveshekels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's my favorite. <3 *winks* Glad you enjoyed this post! ;)

      Delete