Thursday, January 23, 2020

Top Ten Westerns (tv shows included)


*rubs hands excitedly* Ooooh, this is going to be fun. Don't ya think?

I thought, since I love cowboys so much and you all know it, why not give you all a list of my top ten westerns? I'll bet you could even guess a few that will be on this list. *winks* It's going include some tv shows as well, that way I don't have to come up with as many movies. *winks* This post won't only be fun for you to read, but fun for me to do. xP I'm obsessed with cowboys so, I'll try my hardest to keep my fan-girling inside. *laughs* It may leak out on occasion though. *sticks tongue out*



|| Laramie

This show is. my. favorite. <3 Just the way Slim takes 'outlaw Jess' in and helps put him on the right track again is amazing. The way they interact with each other and become closer than brothers through the years is heartwarming. Also, the way they look out for each other is amazing. Jess is just plain amazing. *swoonsville*
If you'd like to watch this show, ask your local library to buy it (like I did) or, if you have STARZ on Amazon it's there. If I were you, I'd go and get STARZ right away if I didn't have it. xP



|| Rawhide

Now. This show held number one in my heart for a long time, that is until I found Laramie. *winks* But it's still dear to me and I still love to watch it. <3
I really don't have as much to say about it as I thought. Rowdy and Pete are amazing and that's all you need to know. *winks*

|| The Shadow Riders

*squeals* I literally just watched this movie for the first time last night. For real. And... I loved it! <3 This movie is based on the good ol' book of Louis L'Amour's, The Shadow Riders. I honestly can't remember if I read that book, but I do know I loved this movie. <3 *grins* It's nothing like the book, (I'm told) but it's amazing and beautiful. *grins* They're the most adorable brothers ever and the way they interact with each other is adorable. And the way they treat their sisters is adorable. Take my word for it. It's such a good movie. You should watch it. That's all you need to know. xP


|| The Sons Of Katie Elder

Now. This movie is also another one that I've recently found. When my sister lived in N.H. she mentioned this movie and told us to watch it. I jumped at the idea I mean, come on! it's a western with Dean Martin as one of the main brothers! Oh, and John Wayne. xP The other two are pretty cool too I suppose but Dean was my favorite. Another one that i loved the way the brothers interacted with each other. This movie had me sitting on the edge of my seat and chewing my nails. It was beautiful.
This one is actually on Amazon Prime so that's another plus. *winks*


|| My Pal Trigger

Oooh, Roy. <3 You all know how cool he is so I will spare you all the details. *winks* In this movie, Roy's mare gives birth to Trigger, and he falls in love with the little guy. Sadly, after a cougar bangs up Trigger's mother pretty badly, Roy is forced to put her down. Lots and lots of other things happen, but you'd be here all day if I told you everything. xP In the end Roy ends up with Trigger and Dale so all is good. *winks* I would watch this one all the time that one of my sisters would get so annoyed at me. She'd be like, "we always watch that one!"  *laughs* Which was true. xD


|| Under California Stars

Oh, look-y here. Another Roy Rogers movie! *grins* This one was always one of my favorites, I loved that there was little kid in it, and I loved seeing Roy interact with the little guy. It's a traditional Roy movie. Bad guys come, try and take Trigger away from Roy, the little boy tries to help, Roy save the day and ends the movie with a song. *all the hearts* The warm feelings I get watch Roy's movies make me smile. They bring back such good memories. <3


|| Wagon Train 

Now, this show I've actually never watched. That is, completely. I've watched a handful of episodes on YouTube and really enjoyed it. I've been requesting to our library that they'd buy it but they haven't giving in. Yet. *laughs* Oh, and Robert Fuller (Jess from Laramie) is in this show too so... you get the point. I'm gonna love it know matter what. *laughs*


|| Robin Hood Of the Pecos 

*grins* Yup. Another one. This one was another one of my favorites. I always loved that Roy was a sheriff and had to be rolled passed the bad guys in a large barrel. *laughs* Oh, I also love the song he sings in this one. About the poor cowboy who ends up not getting his girl. *shakes head* They way Roy songs is beautiful. <33


|| Winchester '73

I actually can't remember much about this one. Apparently I need to watch it again. *winks* i just remembered this was a western and that I enjoyed it. *laughs* I know it has something to do with his Winchester, I mean you probably knew that. It's called Winchester '73 for a reason. *face palm*


|| The Rebel

This is another one of my "recent" finds. I really enjoyed it and was sad when it ended. It's only two seasons but I can see why. It wasn't any Laramie or anything. *laughs* But, I did enjoy it a lot and I watched it all the time, which might be the reason I finished it quickly. *laughs*
This show is about a wondering rebel soldier after the war. He never stays in one place long, and just does his thing. *grins* You know, a typical wonderin' cowboy. *winks*



Well. I hope you enjoyed this and maybe even look into some of them! *grins*


8 comments:

  1. <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! You know I think you would like the TV show Five Mile Creek. It takes place in Australia (Yeah! I know!!!!!) and is pretty western!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think we used to watch that show. If I remember right we used to watch it on Netflix a long time ago. It's been awhile so I can't remember for a fact. I'd really want to watch it again if I could find a way to! How'd you watch it???

      Delete