Monday, August 12, 2019

Top Ten Movie Cowboys + a small history lesson


So as you all know I'm a cowboy lover. *grins* I'm sure you all could guess what my top ten movie cowboys are, but I thought I'd do a post about it anyways. *laughs* I did one when I first started my blog, so quite awhile ago, but my top ten has changed since then. *cheesy grin*
Let's begin then, with the tenth one and work our way to my number one cowboy. *laughs*

10. Ronald Reagan. 
I can't actually remember if I've watched a western that he was in, but I sure know I like him. *laughs*


9. Gabby Hayes. 
He was Roy Rogers sidekick, and an adorably sweet old man. You've just gotta love him. <3


8. Rex Allen. 
I remember watching a couple of his movies and really enjoying them. He's got such a nice voice too. He sings lovely. 


7. Gary Cooper. 
I just love this man. <3


6. Fess Parker. 
Now, this man I grew up watching. We all loved him, and I just love the way he sings. <3


5. Pete Nolan. 
I watched pretty much all of the Rawhide TV show and was devastated when Pete left the show. I nearly cried. #truestory 
Also, his real name is Sheb Wooley and he was a singer of some sort I believe. He's got a really good voice too. *laughs*  


4. Rowdy Yates. 
Now. I'm pretty sure everyone knows Clint Eastwood. *laughs* I just love his character in Rawhide. *giggles* He even sings in some of the episodes!! *dies*



3. Mr. Favor. 
*giggles* I'm sure you all heard about how much I like Mr. Favor. *laughs* 


2. Johnny Yuma.
I just recently watched all of The Rebel and really enjoyed them. Like, a lot. *laughs*
Anyone surprised to see he's number two? *laughs* 



1. Roy Rogers. 
This man has been my hero every since I could remember. I'm pretty sure I popped out loving him. *laughs* He was the King Of The Cowboys along with his good ol' horse Trigger, The Smartest Horse In The Movies, and his beloved wife Dale, the Queen Of The West! 


************

So there you have it. My top ten cowboys. I'm sure you all could guess Roy was going to be number one. *grins* I think I talk\talked about him a lot. 
I've just been recently reading a few of the Rogers' family's books. I read Cowboy Princess written by, Cheryl Rogers (Roy's daughter) and now I am reading Roy and Dale's book called Happy Trails and it's such a sweet, sad, and cute story. I'd say it's a must read. 
Dale also wrote a book about their Down Syndrome daughter Robin. It's called Angel Unaware and I really want to read it. After she wrote it it the world started accepting Down Syndrome children. Before she wrote her book, the world hid their children with Down Syndrome, and let no one see them. They were all ashamed of them. But after Dale wrote Angel Unaware she changed the world. They (as in Roy and Dale) seen a whole platform of children with Down Syndrome at rodeos they preformed in, right after her book was published. 
Dale says it's not her story, but she was just simply the tool to use to get it on paper. God and Robin did the rest. 

*laughs* I guess I felt like giving you all a small history lesson today! 
Well anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post. *grins* 

"Happy trails to you, until we meet again...." 

12 comments:

  1. Fun list!

    Gotta love Fess Parker! I grew up watching him in Daniel Boone, and my family and I have actually been watching that show a lot recently! Ah, and I haven't seen Roy Rogers' movies in so long! (I need to get back on that! xD ) And that was a neat history lesson! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it!

      Yes! I grew up watching Fess as Davy Crockett, and later him in Daniel Boone. I know me too! I just went an watched a few of Roy's movies after doing this post. *grins* I'm glad you liked it. You're welcome! :)

      Delete
  2. Gabby Hayes and Roy Rogers!!!

    Fun post! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Roy Rogers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Almost everyone you have on here would be on my list too! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you liked it!! That's cool! You've got good taste. *winks* <3 <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  5. Very neat! <3 Marissa has Angel Unaware if you want to borrow it from her sometime ;) She also has "Salute to Sandy" and she might have "Dearest Debbie"? Can't remember

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johnny Yuma has got to be one of my favorites!! I like Fess Parker too. I liked this post a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, Johnny Yuma! *grins* Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

      Delete