Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Goodbye 2019 School Year || Things I'll Miss


Some people out there are super excited to be ending a school year. And normally I'm right along with them because it means more time to do things you've wanted to do for a long time.
It's not that I'm not excited to be done with school for the year, but what I'm not excited about is that it is the last year to be doing school with someone.
As most of you know, I'm the baby of the family. So, that means I'm gonna be the last one doing school and things like that. This year, my brother Chancy graduates and will be going off to work full time. I'm excited for him, but not very excited for me. *sighs* I know that's selfish, but I'm really gonna miss him. <3

I remember being little, doing school with all the rest of the kids, and thinking that someday it'll only be me doing school, and everyone will be either married or at work. Well. That time has come, and I'm not to thrilled about it.
I've been trying to accept that things are changing and it's time for moving on. 
I sometimes feel alone, and as if everyone is growing up too fast. I think about when I'll be eighteen, everyone else (as in my siblings) will probably be married and not hanging out anymore. I've always wanted to hang out with my sisters, and I've realized that I'm quiet a bit younger then them and I probably never will get to do it with them. Or only I'll only get to for a little bit.
I'm trying to accept growing up. Some days I feel as though I can't wait to be off driving and working, and then getting married. Then, I get scared and I just want to stay young forever. *sighs* 
Well, this post title says in it "Things I'll Miss", and the things I'm gonna miss most about Chancy graduating and working full time are:

  • A smart brother to help me with a math problem that stumps me. 
  • Someone to take up the whole couch in the morning when I just wake up. 
  • Someone to bug me while I try and write in my book, or do anything. 
  • Someone to play music while I'm tying my hardest to do school. *smiles*
  • Someone to always goof off with when you're bored during the day. 
  • And then most off all, I'll miss the days where we used to always play. Having a big brother like Chancy is the most wonderful thing any girl could ask for. 

I love you Bro <3

Here are a few pictures through the years of me and my big brother. Enjoy! 







Me and all my amazing siblings. <3 

15 comments:

  1. Aww, I don't think you are being too selfish, I think you are scared about being the only one at home.☺ And plus, I don't think to your brother will forget about his only little sister.☺ You, your brother, and your sister's are so cute in the last picture.☺☺
    ~Lilly
    I blog at tidbitsofahomeschoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Yeah, I don't think he will forget either. *smiles*
      Thanks! I love that picture. *smiles*

      Delete
  2. Don't worry! You're very normal! *wink* Life changes. People grow up. And it's not always easy. But Jesus carries us through!

    And those are some cute pictures of you and Chancy!

    The last one is cute, too. *sticks out tongue* When was it taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cuz. *blows kisses*

      It was taken on a Sunday when Felicity and Josiah were here sometime. I can't quiet remember, but I think it was last year. *shrugs* I don't know. *laughs*

      Delete
  3. Aw, I know how you feel. I'm not the youngest, but I'm not the oldest either, so I totally get where you're coming from! Growing up is hard, change is even harder, but keep trusting God with the plan He has for you. I've learned that when things aren't the same as the used to be (and you wish they were...) sometimes you have to be the one to make a effort to reconnect with that person.
    Anyway, I hope this summer break is a great one for you, and I hope the next school year is even better! (My little sister is the last one doing school in my fam too.) You got this! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much. I really appreciate this comment. *hugs*
      Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  4. I totally understand! I may not be the youngest but know what you're talking about! It is hard to have things change. Have struggled a lot with having my older siblings always going places and me being left behind. But God will see us through, no matter how things change! *hugs* *blows kisses* Those are really cute pictures of you and Chancy! The last picture is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might! *grins*
      I know, I keep telling myself that He will see me through. *hugs* *blows kisses back* I thought they were!

      Delete
  5. I say the same as Damara. Don't you worry, cuz! right now I'm the oldest child doing school and I miss my older siblings tons! With the two oldest gone, and then Cody hardly ever home, I'm practically the oldest child home.
    Chancy sounds like a great big brother! *wink* Brothers are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. *smiles*
      He is the best! *winks* They are!

      Delete
  6. Oh my word! Those are such cute pictures!

    ~Alice~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you baby sister! Don't worry, you'll always have friends in your sisters and even your brother.
    I always wanted a big brother! Our brother is pretty neat though and I wouldn't trade him for the world.
    All you're feeling is normal. Just a part of growing up. I remember feeling the same way. Cherish these days because guess what, someday you'll even miss THIS time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too!
      He is the best!
      That's what everyone says. *smiles* Love you sista!

      Delete