Friday, March 6, 2020

that one bee || "adventures" part one


*waves to you all* 

Hello! So, I was thinking, I wanted to tell you all some "adventurous" stories from my childhood. Things that happened to me, etc. But, this one story that I started writing got too long so now the stories are going to be in parts, I'll probably post them about three to four days apart.

So. This is the story about that "one bee" that caused me to find out I was allergic to bees. Enjoy!



My bee sting adventure:

At about, nine or ten, I got stung by a bee and as usual, my foot swelled up HUGE. I was used to that. We always put ice on it, and after awhile we discovered Epsom salt and that did wonders for me. I could literally watch my foot, or wherever I got stung, shrink. It was\is like a life-saver. Anyways!
I was sitting at our dinning room table, when we lived in the big red house, and eating crackers and cheese. I remember wasn't feeling too good, kinda sick to the stomach, and I was trying to feel better. Then I realized my vision was becoming very blurry, and my ears started a loud high pitched ringing. I remember feeling out of breath, (I might have just started panicking, but...) and I slid\fell off my chair onto the floor, calling for my mom.
She came around the corner, and I remember I could see through the blur, that her eyes were huge. She ran to my side and fell to the floor with me, talking and trying to calm me.
I remember I was crying and kept saying, "I can't see, I can't see. Don't leave me." My insides were a panic and my whole body was shaking.
I can still hear my mom's panicked voice as she said, "Don't worry, I'm calling 911."
As I lied there on the floor, I held tightly to my moms ankle since she was standing up, telling the dispatcher what had happened and was giving her our address.
It felt like seconds, and there were people all around me. Lots of them. At least it felt like a ton. Maybe there were, six?? Anyways, they were putting things on my fingers, telling me they were checking my blood pressure, and things like that. I was crying all this time and I just felt very scared.
I remember them all gasping when they seen my foot, asking if it was normal. They seemed very concerned but I was thinking, "It always looks like that when I get stung."
After a little bit, the older paramedic, told me they were going to take me to the hospital and that I had to get into the "bed" they had for me. I think he even asked if he should carry me, but I shook my head and weakly made my way to the "bed". A lady asked if she I needed to be lifted up into the bed but I just climbed up on my own, thinking, "Don't touch me." xP
Then they buckled me in and wheeled my out of my house into the bright sunlight. I remember seeing Daminika staring with big eyes, as my mom told her that she was to be in charge and call my dad, to tell him everything was fine but we were going to the hospital.
Then I was wheeled down the sidewalk to the ambulance. I remember a little bee came and buzzed right by my arm and I couldn't swat it away because my arms we pinned under the straps. I remember think, "Oh great. Now I'm gonna get stung again." But the bee flew away, and I was loaded into the ambulance.
I remember thinking my mom was going to ride in the back with me and when I realized she was in the front, I got a little scared. I hated being alone with strangers. But the older paramedic talked to me and helped me calm down a bit. There was another paramedic, a younger one (the one I had a crush on for awhile xP ) and he was in training. He held my hand and rubbed it, trying to calm me down and it helped a lot. <3 I remember I thought he was so cute. *laughs*
We drove for awhile and then we got to the hospital. The older paramedic told the younger one he was to tell the nurse what was going on etc. I remember his eyes got big and he gulped saying, "Me?" *laughs*
Then I was wheeled into the hospital where the paramedics told the nurse what was going on and laid me in a bed. The older one told me that the nurse and doctor were going to take care of me now, and he had to go.
I was kind of disappointed because he was really nice and I didn't know this random nurse beside me. But, she was nice and got me a warmed blanket. Then she left and my dad showed up. I remember seeing the anxiety in his eyes but he tried to smile. He sat by me at the bed while my mom went to the bathroom. It was all rather scary and I didn't like that place. Then, I felt really sick. I thought for sure I was going to throw up so my dad had to run and find a nurse. Who then came back and gave me this blue bag to puke in. *disgusted look* Hospitals are not cool. she then placed a weird tasting tablet under my tongue to help the nausea.
I laid there for what seemed like forever and just wanted to go home. My dad asked me if I wanted to watch something and went to go find the movie cart. He wheeled it in and I remember thinking, "That's a lot of movies." And I chose one that I grew up watching. I mean really? I could've watched something new and I chose, Lion King II: Simba's Pride. Whatever! *laughs*
My nausea slowly went away and I began to feel a little better, though all I wanted was to go home and sleep.
The doctor finally came in and I remember thinking, "I don't like him. I'm scared." *laughs* I hated doctors. They were just scary. Especially when they were tiny with glasses on the tips of their nose. (like that doctor that had just walked in) He was nice enough I guess. I really just remember crying, because I didn't like doctors, and he pulled up my shirt to listen to my heart and I remember being so embarrassed! *laughs*
He asked me if I could see him then, and I remember thinking, "All I see is tears, dude." Then he said with a slight chuckle, "Through the tears anyways."
I nodded and he went about his business.
Then I really can't remember everything else that happened. Except I know I got a Popsicle and crackers once I felt better. And then me and my mom went home with my dad.

And that's how we figured out I was allergic to bees. Scary huh? *winks*

(side note: After my bee sting went away, me and my mom went to our local little grocery store, and got in line behind... can you guess? The older paramedic that had brought me to the hospital! I remember poking my mom and saying, "That's him! The guy that brought me to the hospital!" Then he turned around and seen me. He grinned and started talking with me. I remember him asking how my foot was and telling the cashier that he had brought me to the hospital not long before.
It was just sweet of him to remember me and I still remember him. <3 )



Whew! That was long! I hope you enjoyed this random little story! 


13 comments:

  1. That's such a cool story! Well... not that you are allergic to bees but that was fun to read! I think it's cute that you liked the young paramedic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I totally get what you're trying to say. Yeah... I was a little silly xP

      Delete
  2. Oh honey, (pun sorta intended lol, sorry!) that sounds like such a scary time! I’m so glad that everything worked out, and thanks for sharing this story with us! <33 You were really brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, okay! Yeah, it was pretty scary! Yup, me too. *winks* I'm glad you enjoyed reading ti! <33 *grins* okie dokie!

      Delete
  3. Great story, but a crush on a paramedic!? *Bursts out laughing*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I am glad you were okay. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Yup! Hey, I love paramedics. They're amazing. *winks* xP I was a little young though. xD xP

      Yeah! Same here! ;P

      Delete
  4. What an adventure! Must've been scary for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an "adventure!" *smiles* I'm glad you were okay! This was a fun post, what a great idea to share stories about your childhood! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Me too. *winks* Yeah, I thought it would be fun! :D

      Delete
  6. *laugh* Paramedics are cool, aren't they? *winks* *grins* I think that's a great idea to share your stories!

    ReplyDelete