Thursday, March 12, 2020

a scream in the woods || "adventures" part three


*dance around* 

You all ready for another story!!! This one's going to be a little bit shorter than the others but, whatever! *winks*



My cougar adventure:

One of those days from my childhood, started out as a usual day. And I wanted to visit the neighbors horses, like always.
The horses came to the fence to visit me about everyday, so I took Chancy with me, and we headed to "visit" the horses.
I remember the sky was a little cloudy, the wind rustled the tall green blades of grass, and the birds had an odd stillness to them. I plucked up a few handfuls of grass, and held it over the fence, offering it to the horse if it came closer. Chancy was a little board if I remember correctly. But I was in my glories, the horse was almost to the fence and then I could pet it!
Then, out from the trees to my right, a horrible scream erupted and I felt shivers run up my spine. It was the most awful sounding thing ever, and I knew just what it was. A cougar.
My eyes probably nearly popped out of my head and I turned to Chancy, who had pushed me towards the house, starting me into a run.
I remember the exact words he called after me as I ran ahead of him, "Run! Don't worry about me, just run for the house!"
I felt my feet flying up behind me, as another scream echoed through the woods, and I nearly flew into the house, with Chancy at my heels.
We were gasping and trying to catch our breath, all the while saying, "We heard a cougar! We heard a cougar!"
I remember my mom was like, "Are you sure?" She played a cougar screaming on our computer and turned to us, "Are you still sure this is what you heard?"
I was like, "YES!" My insides were jumping around and I felt like a thousands bugs were crawling on me. It's just the freakiest thing to hear a cougar scream right, like almost right, next to you. *shudders* I can still hear it, and man was I scared.
So, we all went out on the back porch, to listen. I can't quiet remember everything that happened after that, but I do know we heard it scream again, and it almost sounded like there were two of them. I think our dog, Echo, was pacing, but I don't remember her barking or anything.
So yeah, that's my little cougar adventure. xP

Oh, I had thought Chancy was so brave and after that, about everyone I seen, I told them this story because oh! He was so brave when he told me to run and not worry about him. Just get to safety. *giggles* I guess, I just loved\love  my bro.

When I was young, we lived in the country, and we often times heard cougars scream, and once my cousin even seen one jump over her car as she was driving down our road! *wide eyes* But I sure loved living there as a kid. Even though we had occasional cougars, once a bear, and even wolves.... (*grins* I'll tell you more about those stories later on) I loved living there. It was were I grew up, and I loved it. <3

Well, until next time, friends!

10 comments:

  1. yikes! that would have been scary!!
    I don't think I've even seen or heard of cougars in Alberta, but we have also had problems with skunks, and often bears a little farther north.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it kind of was! xD
      Really? I grew up with them as a normal. xP For the most part anyways. I personally, have never seen a bear in the wild, but my brother has.

      Delete
  2. Yikes! I'm glad we don't have cougars here, or at least I don't think we do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I never minded them. Still don't, as long as they stay away from me that is. xP

      Delete
  3. Haha! That sounds scary but probably kind of fun when you look back at it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when this happened! Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard a cougar scream one night while living there! Me and Marissa had the window in our bedroom open

    ReplyDelete