Wednesday, November 18, 2020

The Boy In Blue

 


hello my lovely followers 


No one actually thinks about what the police officers go through. How much pain they are in. No one shows them love. All they show towards the police these days are hate. 

I'm not good with words. Never have been. I'm not a poet and I don't try to be. But the other day I attempted to put my heart into a poem and see what happened. 

Here is my attempt at a poem. It may not all rhyme and be perfect but nothing is perfect except the one who made us. These are just some words that were placed on my heart and I thought I would share. 



"The Boy In Blue"

Written by Liberty S. 2020


A boy is all he really is
His face is solemn, as he watches 
What can he do? He's just a boy 
A boy in blue, fighting small wars

The crowds yell, and rant and rave
He tries to stand tall and be strong
The people he works so hard to save
They don't realize all their wrongs

A tear slips down his worry worn face
How can he help? He's just a boy
A boy in blue, doing all it takes 
To end the rage and mistakes 

Bombs go off again and his car is gone
Someone has shone their hate
A tear slips down his face 
"I'm just a boy," he cries, "a boy in blue"

But with a heavy heart he still stands tall
For he will fight as far as it takes
To end these small wars of hate

So appreciate the boys in blue 
For they are there to protect you







These days on the news you hear about police being killed. People not treating them with the respect they deserve. Don't you realize they are there to protect you? To keep you safe? Everyday they go out and put their lives on the line. 

So please, take a moment of your time and say a little prayer for your police officers and those around the country. They sacrifice so much to protect us and they aren't treated the way they should be. 



God be with you all. <3

10 comments:

  1. LOVED this Liberty!!! SO true! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this so much! incredible that we live in a time where so many people want to defund the police and treat them terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem has feeling! It really catches the heart behind the matter. Good job!

    I try to wave at the police when I pass them on the road. It's just a little thing, but sometimes a lot of little things makes a big thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I’m glad you think so!

      Ah, that’s nice. Maybe we all should do that ;) I’ve always wanted to do something to let them know they’re appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Liberty. I've grown up with police and firefighters. I've seen PTSD. I've seen how hard it is on people. They deserve respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome. And thank your for your kind comment.
      They truly do deserve more than they get.

      Delete