Monday, September 6, 2021

Explanation || Quick Vacation

 hello lovelies! 


Where to begin? First off, sorry for suddenly dropping off the face of the earth. *laughs* Me and my parents very last minute packed up and hopped into the escape at four in the morning, to hit the road for South Dakota! 

I should probably explain, huh?

My cousin Cody was getting married in SD and I had kind of wanted to go. But then again, kinda didn't. Why was I feeling this way? Because of Abi's death. I just didn't feel like doing anything. Didn't really feel like dipping into savings and going on a trip that I wasn't truly wanting to go on. Plus my parents couldn't really afford to go and the wedding was to fall on the day after my birthday. So if I did go, I'd be spending it in SD. And I didn't feel like spending my birthday without my parents.
My siblings (the ones at home) were going, my grandparents were going, Damara and her family were going, and my aunts Marissa and Marita were road tripping. So a lot of family would be gone.
I put into my mind that I was going to spend my birthday at home with my parents and with Felicity & Josiah, and Kate. 

But plans changed. On Sunday, two days before everyone was about to leave, someone took my parents aside and asked if they'd like to go to their nephew's wedding. And just like that, someone helped pay our way to SD. And before I knew it, by Sunday night, we had decided we were going and I had two days to get ready. (Monday and Tuesday) So, rather quickly I gathered up all the clothes I could think of, packed two small suitcases full, and then on Wednesday at four in the morning I was half asleep driving down the road. 

Since my aunt and uncle didn't know we were coming we decided to keep it a secret from them and just surprise them. (I'm glad we did *winks*) 
But then my siblings got there before us and uncle M flat out asked Daminika if we(me and my parents) were coming. She lied and said no but later felt guilty so we told her it was fine if she told him. *laughs* Plus, that way he could keep auntie M from leaving the house too early the morning we wanted to surprise them and that would give us time to get there. 




So that my friends is why I suddenly disappeared. Stay tuned for posts about my trip!! 



2 comments: