Thursday, March 24, 2022

Missing You


One night, I sat on my phone, texting with Damara, sharing how I was missing Grandma and talking about it all... and suddenly I just started typing and this is what I came up with.....


“Missing You”


I miss you, Grandma. Why did you have to go so soon? 

I long to have seen the way your eyes would light up when an animal would come to your side

To feel your hug, your love, your warmth 

I was only three, so young and so unaware; not knowing the pain that was to come 

I don’t remember much, just a few tight hugs and the sad smile across your face 

Almost as if you knew I didn’t truly grasp you were leaving me… forever 

I miss you, Grandma. Everyday. I look around me and wonder what you would have thought 

Wonder what you would think of me all grown up; would you be proud? 

Would you always hold me close even when I’m all grown? 

God had other plans for you, truly I can see... 

The pain that comes with missing you though is sometimes so overwhelming

I know you’re in a better land, and I thank God you’re safe 

But I miss you Grandma, each and every day. 

I wonder how your hugs would have felt, the gentle wisdom you could have shared with me

All the stories you could have told

But all I’m left with is a picture and a foggy memory of you smiling 

I sometimes cry to myself, not being able to picture your face in my mind, knowing it’s slipping away 

And it hurts; hurts to watch my memory fade…

I know you’re happy, smiling and peaceful; ridden of this dark cruel world 

But I miss you, Grandma. I will forever miss you

Oh, until I can see you again, face to face in that Promise Land with Jesus holding us tight


Written by, Liberty


2 0 2 2










I love you, Grandma. <3





4 comments:

  1. Aw, what a beautiful, bittersweet poem. It was so emotionally captivating and well-written. That certainly pulled some heartstrings. <33 Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so much. <33 I'm glad you enjoyed it. <3
      (truth be told I'm very insecure about my poems so your kind words mean a lot)

      Delete
  2. This is lovely. I also lost a Grandma before I knew her, and this poem is so similar to how I feel sometimes! <3

    ReplyDelete