Monday, August 10, 2020

Saying Goodbye Is Always Hard


*takes a deep breath* 


You all may not even care, but last Saturday was a hard one for me.

My grandpa sold his house so we helped him and my step-grandma move. They're moving closer and I'm happy and excited, but it's still hard.

This place has been so dear and near to me. It's the place where I said goodbye to my grandma. The place where so many memories were made. Sad and happy. The place where I could take a deep breath of air from the room above the garage and many memories would flood my head. The place I loved.

Sure it was just a house. But it was a special place and I will truly miss it.

If I went above the garage or in the office in the shop, and smelled it, it brought me back to childhood when Grandma was still alive. One whiff and it was like I could smell Grandma again. Now it's gone.

When I think of Kate not knowing where her grandma grew up and all there is to think about, I cry. 

It's hard to goodbye, but I know I'll be okay. I can't quite explain what I'm trying to, and I'm not good with words when it means the most so here's a link to my sister's blog where she explains it better.



 So many years of looking up at that fan...


This has been "The Memory Tree" my entire life. Where about
every grandchild carved their initials into it. <3


My mom and her brother built this ladder for their fort 
so many years ago...
 


Though it may be hard God is always going to be there. Just remember that. <3

17 comments:

  1. Aw I know what you mean!! It would be rly sad/ hard with leaving a lot Of memories behind...😭
    It is cool that u have them closer tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry - that must feel like such a loss. People and memories and nostalgia are the best and most dear things in the world, and the prospect of losing them can at times seem almost unbearable. But you are right, that God is always there <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's going to be hard to leave it all but it'll all work out for the good. <3

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean. It's just a house.....with so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's hard girl!
    However- umm, when I saw both you and your sister had a post about "Goodbye" it did give me a heart attack XD so I am sorry you had to say goodbye, but I'm glad you are still here <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 <3
      Lol, sorry we caused you to have a heart attack. xD

      Delete
  5. Aw. It's so hard. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might have to swing by the place before Friday so I can say "good-bye"..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww praying for you as you adjust! My grandparents are thinking about moving sometime too and I feel the same way about their house!! 💗

    ReplyDelete