Wednesday, September 8, 2021

South Dakota Trip || Day One


hello lovelies! 


I woke up, my old alarm clock ringing and I slapped it to keep it quiet. *laughs* Rolled over and looked at the clock. Could it really be 3:30a.m.? 
I rolled out of bed and began getting ready. Throwing in my last minute stuff and getting dressed etc. I was soon ready and brought all my stuff out to be loaded. My dad brought it out to the car and I made myself a bagel even though we were going to get breakfast on the road. But I needed to eat something to get me by until eight. *winks*
All my siblings had left the day before so the house was empty when we rolled out.
By eight-ish we stopped at a McDonald's for some breakfast and potty break. xD Then it was back on the road!
We drove for what felt like forever. I ate some snacks and watched "Captain America; The Winter Soldier" to try and pass the time. We made a few stops for the bathroom and then at some point after we crossed the Idaho boarder, we stopped for lunch at a nice little rest area. 
Then it was mooooooorrrrre driving... After many more hours of driving it was time to stop for supper. So we ran into a TacoBell and it felt good to stretch our legs. 
Then, oh and finally then, we reached out destination for the night. Laurel Montana. Ended up we drove for about... *thinks* sixteen hours? (I could be wrong so please excuse me if I am) And by the time we got to our hotel in Montana I was bushed. 
I took a nice hot shower, slipped into my new pajamas, and crawled into the fresh sheets of a soft hotel bed... Man did it feel good. 


Well, that's it for day one! Here are a few pictures from that day...   


Wearing my new boots and hat I got for my birthday. 
(oh yeah, that happened. I'm 17 now. *mindblown* More about what I got later on...) 













Realized I wore my MT t-shirt while traveling in MT. *laughs* 
So I just had to get a pic. 




Herd of Elk...







Well, that was day one. *winks* I hope you enjoyed reading and are looking forward to all the six more posts I have coming. *winks again* Have a great rest of your day and God bless. <3 



6 comments:

  1. WAIT. SIXTEEN HOURS?!?!?! Girl, good job for getting through that! ;P In June I went on a vacation that was half that time away from my house and it felt like I was traveling around the world. XDD Although, good ole Captain America: The Winter Soldier is an awesome way to pass the time! (Lemme guess...that scene you took a picture of was the whole "This isn't freedom—this is fear" part, wasn't it?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know!! I'm proud of myself too. xD Haha yeah once we got home it felt good (because it was soooo much driving!) even though I had a lot of fun. xD Yesssss. (haha, right on! one of my favorite lines of his. *starry eyes* *laughs*) ;)

      Delete
  2. Ok now I want to go on a road trip and eat tacobell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! And HAPPY BIIIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete