Saturday, April 4, 2020

5 tips to drawing {my way}

(off Pintertest)
Hello there! 

So, one of my fellow blogger friends mentioned that she would like to see me do a drawing tutorial and give you all some helpful tips in how I draw. I don't have a phone or anything to video with, so you'll have to be content with just tips. Sorry! But, once I get a phone, (or convince someone to let me have their phone for an hour) I will try and get a video for you guys!

But until then, here a five helpful tips that I do to draw. Hope they help you! 


Tip #1:
Buy drawing pencils, and blending sticks. I bought them at Walmart for around, ten dollars for both. Maybe a little more? I can't quite remember.

Tip #2: 
Find a picture of someone\something, you'd like to draw. I find pictures off of Pinterest. People that aren't smiling are the easiest to start with. Believe me, I still don't enjoy drawing teeth. If at all possible, I draw people that aren't smiling, or showing their teeth. xP 

Tip #3:
Print the picture you have chosen and trace lightly over the important places. Shape of head, shape of eyes, nose, and that's about it. (I hold it up to a window, but if you're cool and have a lighted table, that's what you'd use)

Tip #4:
Let your skills and eyes take you into the drawing. Draw what you see. I always have my picture laying next to my drawing and I just draw what I see. I, most of the time, start with the eyes, nose and mouth, then I go from there. If it's darker in some places than others, make sure you use a darker pencil. (8B is my favorite)

Tip #5:
Use blending sticks to blend all you work until it looks smooth. Sometimes I can't get it to look perfectly smooth but that's okay. Don't panic if you can still see your pencil lines. A small tip is, don't press too hard with the pencil; so light smooth strokes. But if you need something really dark, you can press harder, but try to give the same amount of pressure to every part that is dark. That way it's easier to blend together. If you have charcoal pencils that would be great for darker areas. (which I need to get)



And there you have it! I hope to get a video for you all soon. Until next time! God bless! 


7 comments:

  1. Great tips! You make it sound easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I know you do things more real life but, anyone who is anywhere near me (absolute bigger) but, my brother is a great draw and still uses it! You can look up on YouTub Artforkidshub they take you step by step through drawing many wonderful things! Family friendly. Grown dad with almost always at least 1 of his kids drawing with him. He makes you feel as if you can do it!
    Have a great day Liberty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? Maybe I'll have to check it out someday. *inserts thinking emoji*
      You too, SawyerMarie!

      Delete
  3. Nice tips! I don't even know what blending sticks are (I use my finger lol) but maybe I should get some. Also don't think I knew that the numbers on drawing pencils were how dark they were. Thanks for informing me. *laughs* Shows how much I know. I don't do tip #3 either, that must really help! Getting facial feature shapes right can be so hard sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, I'm so glad these tips were helpful for you! *laughs* I just barely figured out that the numbers were for how dark they were so it's understandable. xP Yes! #3 is really helpful. I would like to try and get to where I don't have to trace but it's a work-in-progress. *winks*

      Delete